Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Election reflection

I certainly enjoyed watching the election returns come in last night, and all day today I alternated between feeling smug and giddy. The events of the past two days only reinforced my belief in karma.

Yay gridlock; yay elected officials being forced to deal with the other half they don't like.

Despite my obsessive attention to the election coverage, I have yet to see anyone in TX remark how had it not been for the 2003 re-redistricting, Texans would be in line to chair FOUR House committees - Rules, Agriculture, Homeland Security, and Science. But thanks to Tom DeLay, our pussy governor (to which we will be subjected to four more years), and the lackeys in the legislature, we've got no one. TX *might* get Intelligence, but only after Pelosi fulfills a grudge and then pisses off the Congressional Black Caucus by passing up impeached ex-federal judge Rep. Hastings for Rep. Reyes. My former employer and the ubiquitous crazy Houston rep everyone thought was my former employer will chair subcommittees, but that's not the same.

In local races, Dallas County is now officially Democratic. All but one Republican judge was swept from office (there was only one Democratic judge as of Monday). I don't think this is a good thing; I wonder if the staunch "elect Republican judges!" people will reconsider our ill-advised system of electing judges. Also, the D for District Attorney won an upset. Even the sky was blue this morning.

In other, much more important news, does anyone else think that Melrose is a total bitch? I know she's competitive and one of the best contestants and all, but what a beyotch. Now that Anchal is gone, Melrose won't be able to make any fat comments.

Also, I planted about 100 bulbs this past weekend. I should have waited two weeks, but I thought that cold weather was finally here. I was not expecting a high of 85 today. Now they are going to start growing only to freeze and die in three weeks. Great.

2 comments:

The Once and Future TC said...

Dude. I was set to post all smart-like re: politics, but then then I read the end of your post. I too can't stand that Melrose!! She spent so much time griping about Monique, only to more than amply fill Monique's bitch-shoes once she was gone.

I haven't watched tonight's episode yet. :( I'm sad to hear Anchal is gone -- she was my favorite.

you like raisins said...

Melrose = total tool. And isn't she too old to just now be starting a modeling career anyways? My vote is for one of the twins. Or Caridee because she's clearly insane.