Saturday, August 22, 2009

Singapore, three years to the day

Blogazon is alive and posting again, if only for a month on this much needed vacation.

I arrived in Singapore safe and sound early this morning after two long flights. My traveling companion and I are seeing the sites I found most interesting when I was here three years ago. After about 7 hours of walking around the central neighborhoods, we have "done" the country. Check. Singapore is still safe, clean, efficient, and kind of boring.

This evening, I am dining with a friend from high school who I haven't seen for 15 years. We're going to some crab place, which sounds pretty delicious. After that, it will be back to the Crowne Plaza at the airport, a very nice and surprisingly not overpriced hotel. Our flight to Java is tomorrow morning, and we'll probably head directly to Borobudur on arrival in Yogyakarta.

No comments: