Friday, June 29, 2007

Land of Good Eats

Our office is getting out of control. I like to bake, so ever since I started work I've occassionally brought in banana bread, muffins, cookies or brownies. And sometimes my boss will pick up bagels or doughnuts for her staff and others in the building. But up until now, the two of us would supply treats 2-3 times a month. We also have cake for any possible birthday, so that added another treat or two a month.

Over the past two weeks, we've had bagels (boss), doughnuts (co-chambers, just because), banana bread (me, 8 brown bananas in the freezer), birthday cake (co-chambers), bagels (intern sucking up), and doughnuts again (co-chamber's intern's last day). There has been a steady procession of fresh baked goods for six of the past eleven work days, and with leftovers there is always something to eat in the kitchen.

It is a wonder that I am not a fat ass. I attribute this to a much better diet when I'm not at work, going to the gym 3-4 times a week, and taking public transportation, which requires walking to and from the station each day.

I think I'll have another doughnut.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's okay to binge.
As long as you purge.

Probative said...

For some reason, your post made me think of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mr2dC0JDeD8