Monday, August 06, 2007

My dog has fleas

Nacho visited an undisclosed location this weekend that was infested with fleas and he brought some home. He's on Sentinel, a heartworm combo medication that also says it "controls flea populations." He doesn't have many, so I guess the population is "controlled," but that isn't very reassuring.

We went to the doggie wash yesterday for a flea shampoo bath. While that got some, he still has fleas. I've resorted to picking through his fur and smashing the fleas that I catch. This is effective but time consuming.

Oh, did I mention the fleas' favorite place? Nacho's groin. Yesterday I spent about 20 minutes picking fleas off my dog's nether regions. Nacho LOVES this special time I spend with him. Whose the master now?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Does that mean no more orgies?

Anonymous said...

Did you try the drops that go on the back? I also bought an organic spray to spray inside the house that seems to help. There's bound to be an outside counterpart.

Teeny