Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Fashion police

I'm not a fashionista, but I know that a man should never wear white socks with slacks and dress shoes. Knowing this basic rule, I was horrified this morning when I realized that I forgot to pack a pair of dress socks in my gym bag. I was forced to wear my dirty (but still bright) white athletic socks to work.

I tried to convince myself that it wasn't noticeable, but with every step a bright white band flashed between my cuff and shoe. And today, since we're on duty, many bright flashes filled our lobby as I greeted the people delivering search warrants, pen registers, and probation reports. I felt like a dork.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Better to wear white athletic socks or no socks at all?

Anonymous said...

exactly....should have gone sockless, it looks sexy

Anonymous said...

ooh! sockless is so isaac mizrahi!

when are you coming to houston? lucy's calling you!

ciao,
teeny

Anonymous said...

I haven't owned white socks since I studied abroad in the UK in 97/98.