Sunday, April 09, 2006

Writer's block

I'm supposed to be writing a brief on how economic discrimination can form the basis for an asylum claim, but it just isn't happening. I am unable to stretch the 1/2 case that supports the position into a coherent, credible argument. All I have to show for 4 hours at Austin Java yesterday and a no-fun allowed Saturday evening are three pages of crappy text and another 6 of bullet points about injustice.

I usually find that panic is the best inspiration, and perhaps because I still have three days to put something together and revise it, my mind thinks that I have plenty of time. BS ability typically translates into a letter grade, but in this instance it could mean that a person doesn't get deported and will be able to live. So I've got a lot on my mind.

I hate it that I get to spend the absolutely gorgeous weekend in front of a computer, thinking about death and how the world just isn't fair. Maybe I'll go swimming and take a nap this afternoon. If anything, it will inch me closer to panic time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Readnapping is a proven therapeutic solution to all ailments.

I also find it helps to determine that the patient's/client's problems are self-induced. That helps me readnap a bit better.