Monday, June 19, 2006

abacaxi

Pineapples are on sale at HEB. They're $3.99 a piece. I really like pineapple, so I caved. The one I bought last week was really good. The one I bought this week isn't so good. I might turn it into a smoothie instead of eating it plain.

$4 seems like a lot because in Cameroon they were around 400 francs, or about 75 cents. I'd have to eat the entire thing in a day because it would rot if I didn't and attract even more ants to my kitchen. Thus, I would have pineapple Sunday. The ones in Brazil were even better. I miss this guy from my 'hood in Belém:

His pineapples were R$ 2 - 3, or about a dollar. And they were awesome and always suitable for eating plain, never needing to be sent to the blender.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

and blueberries are $1.99 at HEB!!!! feel your pain re pineapple. i miss the days when i'd pay a euro for a bag of cherries on the way to work in kosovo. they're $6.99/lb at HEB the few times they're there.

Teeny

blogazon said...

Cheers to low wages, poor environmental standards, and cheap produce in developing countries!