Saturday, February 17, 2007

Am I a sucker?

A few months ago, my iPod died. I vowed to march to Cupertino, CA to stage a mass sit-in of one to protest the injustice of a dead $300 dollar luxury-cum-necessity after only 18 months.*

After 4 months and too many train rides being subjected to people who will NOT shut the fuck up, I realized that being able to tune out daily annoyances around me is an important component to my sanity. I don't need to hear your inane drivel at 6 AM, and I don't need to know about how your husband likes dragons, I just need to hear some New Order or Madonna while I DART to and from work.

I wasn't about to shell out another $300, but I still wanted an iPod. So I caved, sort of, and went for the entry-level machine that fits my needs.
Lime green was a close second.

Not being able to select what you want when you want it is a bit of a downside, but all I'm really going to use it for is transit and in the gym. And I guess not knowing which song comes next is part of the surprise. I got a great deal at circuitcity.com, with a sale, free shipping, and a gift card, so I think in the end I stuck it to the man.


*Okay, maybe I didn't, but I was still pretty pissed.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go! Awesome color!
Teeny

you like raisins said...

Maybe you're a sucker, but in the same way that I'm a sucker for owning half the crap I own. So you're not a sucker. You're a yuppie.

Probative said...

It is the first step in progressing towards becoming a corporate tool like the rest of your biglaw friends.

Joke. I think the smaller, cheaper player are a much better deal, given the proven shelf life of the bigger hard drives.

Probative said...

Oopps:

players

proven short shelf-life

blogazon said...

Well, if I end up selling out in a year and a half, I'll find some way to justify it.