Monday, March 05, 2007

Legal commentary

Marketplace had a report this evening about the rocketing salaries of 1st year associates in NYC. Not that this is news to most of the five people who read this blog, but I did learn that the increases are due to competition from investment firms that suck new lawyers in-house and can pay much more. Then, as we all know, as soon as one firm increases all the others follow, and then other markets follow. And - surprise! Some of those interviewed complained about billable hours. I really hope I find a way to avoid this madness because I enjoy having a life outside of work, even if it only consists of walking the dog, making dinner, and then farting around for an hour or two before heading to bed.

Speaking of all things legal, I'm not going to blog about work except to say that about a month ago I, I mean my boss, wrote two motions denying dismissal of a prolific pro se's claims. Both of these opinions were picked up by Westlaw. I am quite pleased. The claims are pretty funny in a "I have been reading far too many §1983 cases" sort of way. I'd like to share more, but like I said, I'm not going to blog about work...

No comments: