Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Poll

In my pre-departure shopping frenzy, I bought a beautiful wicker basket this evening. It just barely fits into one of the sturdy corrugated cardboard boxes I have to ship things back. There is no room for padding to protect the top or bottom of the basket inside the box, but there is plenty of room on the sides.

a) Will the basket get smashed in the 7,000 mile journey to Texas via the Brazilian and U.S. postal systems?

b) Does it stand a better chance as hand luggage via Brazil, Uruguay, and Argentina?

Polls close Thursday morning.

Take me home!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! That is pretty. I'm afraid it'd get smashed to pieces in the mail. Especially, this time of year. It may be a pain, but I'd try to carry it.

Anonymous said...

It's ugly. Give it to a beggar to relinquish yourself from whiteman guilt.

Anonymous said...

That's a great basket! I'm all for carrying it, especially since I saw an UPS guy tossing boxes around his truck not 2 days ago.