Saturday, January 07, 2006

Change of Location

Perhaps it was the shock in going from this hotel to this hostel, but I don´t think I can stay in hostels any more. After what I would later learn to be part one of seeing my mom off to the airport, I checked into Posta del Barto in the Congresso area of Buenos Aires. The hostel was sub-par for hostels; the bathrooms were dirty and the door to my spartan* room´s mini-balcony was broken. With those two complaints as my excuse, I left and upgraded to a two star hotel about 5 blocks away. I now have AC, cable TV, my own bathroom, a great view from the 9th floor balcony, and a little refrigerator to keep Cokes and water cold. The difference in price? US$10 per night.

*two twin beds with uncomfortable mattress, a chair, and a rickety fan 15´ up.

No comments: