Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Goodbye, 131919282

My passport expires this March. In case I need to flee the country in the near future, I have sent in my old one along with a renewal application. I'll be vulnerable for the next 6 weeks.

I assume I'll get a new number, which is too bad since 131919282 flowed out of the pen and onto various entry/exit forms. Although the validity spanned the past ten years, it does not include the places I visited while in the Peace Corps since we had to use a separate PC-issued passport. 131919282 has "only" been to 30 countries; this inspired me to make this cool little travel map:

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Still, 30 countries is a LOT of checks and points. You should be proud.

Anonymous said...

You would know the answe to this-is the renewal free if I send it in before expiration?

blogazon said...

No. You have to pay $67. But that is only $2.23/country check point, so it is a bargain.

Anonymous said...

Even less if you can tell of corrupt border officials.

Anonymous said...

Even less if you can tell of corrupt border officials.