Wednesday, January 24, 2007

authors

I heard on NPR this morning that Ryszard Kapuściński, one of my favorite authors, died yesterday. Kapuściński covered much of the developing world while working as a the only foreign correspondent for the Polish Press Agency. During this time he gathered great material for many novels. If you want something to read, check out the The Shadow of the Sun, which is probably my favorite book of his.

Speaking of authors, I am now published. The article I submitted to a certain IP journal finally went to press. The publisher sent me a bunch of copies which were waiting for me on my doorstep yesterday. I thought the heavy box with the unrecognizable return address was a bomb. But who would want to blow me up? I didn't realize that being a presidential candidate would be so hazardous this early on.

No comments: