Friday, January 19, 2007

Locker room etiquette

I work out at the Downtown Y most weekdays. One of my locker neighbors is totally fine - I say hi, he says hi, we chit chat a bit (or not) and everything is fine. My other locker neighbor is a boor.

He's in his late 60's, has a craggly beard, doesn't have a good body, and constantly walks around butt naked. And he talks a lot. I added him to my very lengthy shit list when I overheard him say how right after 9-11 he went up to Rep. Johnson at their church to say that the terrorist attacks were a sign of the impending Apocalypse (Rep. Johnson agreed). Because of this incident, I believe he is one of W's "base" voters, so I automatically don't like him.

Today, he moved up a little higher on my shit list. He left his soaking dirty towel in front of his locker, so close to mine that I had to touch it. And then he told a stupid joke whose punch line involved a German insulting a Chinese about a Jewish surname. During the time I entered, changed, put my stuff away, and headed out, he was naked and talking.

Just thought I'd share.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ugh after ugh! The wet towel was the grossest detail. I'm sorry.

Teeny

PS I didn't save your # to my sim card when I got a new phone. Would you mind e-mailing it to me?

you like raisins said...

Thanks for the image.

blogazon said...

I left out grosser details, like his shriveled tangerine size ball sac.