Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Blogazon mythology

My boss went to a reception for a departing former colleague a few floors below. Upon her return she said she ran into someone who knows me and my family. This person told her that I retook the SAT because I was five points shy of a perfect score.

Um...flattering, but no. If I got a 1595 on the SAT back in 1993, I would not have taken it again. Also, I thought the SAT was scored in 10 point increments. I was not that anal back in high school, and I have certainly mellowed since then. The toughest job I'll ever love ruined my work ethic for good. I couldn't even bring myself to study for the LSAT beyond a few practice exams, and look where it got me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I heard that you hooked up with an ancient Bolivian mummy. True or False?

blogazon said...

True. But I don't know if it was of my own free will. Her timeless (literally) beauty enraptured me like the call of a siren.