Sunday, April 15, 2007

Bulk trash week

One of the weirder aspects of home ownership is that I have spent a lot of my free time doing chores I never knew existed.

For example, yesterday I spent two hours cleaning out my gutters. I scooped out twigs and rotting leaves, and I cleared three of the spouts that were completely clogged by shoving a hose down them and turning the hose on full blast. I found this to be strangely satisfying.

Also, I cleared out a huge amount of overgrown vines, dead trees, and weed/trees. In preparation for the new fence (that will be fabulous), I had to clear the vegetation that abuts the current fence. Most of what I removed was really crappy anyway and needed to go. I'm particularly proud that I cut down three dead small trees.

I don't think the bulk trash people are going to be very happy with me when they come by for this month's pickup. Even though I cleared a huge amount of crap, I haven't finished yet since there are still some vines that need to go.

No comments: