Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Yoga flunkie no more

I started weekly yoga classes about two months ago. During the first class, when everyone else's leg was at a 90 degree angle and mine was at a 45 degree angle, the instructor pointed me out as a model of inflexibility and told the class, "look everyone, that is as far as he can go."

My flexibility has improved a little bit, and my forms are getting better. But I'm still not what one would call limber. Imagine my surprise this evening when, after doing a new pose, the instructor was amazed at my ankle flexibility and made me do the pose in front of everyone to show them how it should be done. I even remembered to tuck my butt in, and my thighs were picture-perfect and parallel to the floor.

Who knew that I was blessed with flexible ankles?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's awesome! I didn't know ankles could be flexible.

Teeny

Anonymous said...

Madre knew.