Sunday, April 22, 2007

Earth Day, observed

Happy Earth Day! Today, I chopped down and uprooted two trash bags full of plants in preparation for the upcoming fence installation. I took two showers, used a bunch of electricity to clean my house, and used a bunch of gas to cook dinner. I also filled up my SUV and then drove a total of 60 miles taking someone to the airport and doing a bunch of errands.

Normally, my lifestyle is more environmentally friendly. For instance, because I park and ride the DART into downtown, I only fill up my gas-guzzler every other week. I also compost most of my yard waste and recycle about half my trash. I just found it amusing that instead of celebrating Earth Day with a trash clean-up or something along those lines, I killed a bunch of plants. But they were really weeds, so their carbon sequestration should be discounted.

No comments: