Tuesday, May 22, 2007

safe and sound in Bocas del Toro

Howdy all -

So far the va-cay to Panama is going great. I won´t write a whole lot since this Spanish language keyboard is a little annoying and I´ll be able to upload photos with some pre-dated entries once I´m back.

Anyway, I saw the Panama Canal on Saturday and it was really cool. My timing was fortunate in that I saw two Panamax ships pass through heading towards the Caribbean side. Panama City is really modern and I am looking forward to spending some more time there on my way out next Sunday.

I`m in Bocas del Toro right now, a gringo-infested town on the Caribbean near the Costa Rican border. The forested archipelago is beautiful, with white sand beaches and decent reefs. My friend has a great restaurant over the water with delicious food and even better drinks. We went to the beach on Sunday, diving yesterday, and sea kayaking today. I´m going sailing and snorkeling tomorrow.

Not everything has been perfect, though. The weather could be better; it has rained every afternoon. Fortunately, I´ve been able to do the chosen activity without any problem prior to any showers or sprinkles.

But for now, it is time for me to sign off and head to the restaurant.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're having fun despite the weather. You haven't mentioned food - what's the local cuisine like?

Teeny