Monday, May 07, 2007

Summer movies

I saw Spider -Man 3 on Saturday. 4 stars (out of 5). The action scenes, fighting, web-slinging, and superpowers were all that I could hope for and more. A few of the dialog or "dramatic" scenes were over-the-top dorky and detracted from the film; for this I deduct a star. I also liked 1 and 2 better. But the movie was still very entertaining.

The summer movie season is promising. Of the big studio releases, I plan to see Pirates of The Caribbean: At World's End, Fantastic 4: Rise of the Silver Surfer,* Transformers, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, The Bourne Ultimatum, and probably some random interesting foreign or art house films.


*Yes, the first Fantastic 4 was t.e.r.r.i.b.l.e., but the previews for the sequel look much better. Besides, the pretty people are in it again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What movies do you rate a 5?