Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Daily exertions

The diving remains great. So great that I decided to extend for two days through Saturday. I figure I'd rather dive at a known, awesome site than try to cram in another site in Sabah for my last two days in Borneo. This means no orangutans, but as a trusted advisor said, "you can ride the bus and see orangutans at the Dallas Zoo."

I've seen lots of stuff. On this morning's two dives the notable items were two green sea turtles mating, a leopard shark, a school of batfish, a HUGE school of jack, and some funny looking giant fish called bump fish (they have big bumps on their heads). I'm still hoping for a hammerhead shark; maybe tomorrow.

Here are some shots from the past two days:

The fancier resorts at Mabul Island


Dive boat leaving the rig off of Mabul Island

Heading to a dive site off Sipadan Island

On Sipadan Island for a surface interval and snacks

Note the two distinct shades of blue in the fourth photo; that is where the drop-off is.

No comments: