Saturday, August 12, 2006

Dive-a-rama

I'm ready. I figure that I've paid my dues with the crappy weather resulting from some typhoon that made land fall somewhere in China. I know that thousands of people have been displaced and that flooding in India has killed a couple of hundred blah blah blah - but I'm on vacation, damn it. These frequent storms have been interfering with my daily activities. Today was the first day that it only rained a little bit.

I'm currently in Kota Kinabalu, the capital of the state of Sabah. There isn't a whole lot to do here. Today I took a daytrip out to some islands off the coast. The islands were pretty, but there was a lot of trash on the beach. This was a bit aggravating b/c I paid 10 ringget to enter and you think the park authorities would use some of the money to hire someone to pick up the trash. But I suppose that pockets must be lined.


Tunkul Abdul Rahman National Park near KK, sans trash

Tomorrow I am off to Sipadan. It better be all that it promises to be. I'm staying on a reconfigured oil rig and hope to dive at least 4 times a day. If my body explodes from too much nitrogen, so be it. That is the price I must pay.

No comments: