Saturday, August 19, 2006

Landlubber

Saturday is my last day of diving. After two dives on Sipadan, I'll head back to the rig to pack up my things. I'll wait out the remainder of my 24 hour surface interval in the exciting town of Tawau before my flight on Sunday. Apparently the only thing to do in Tawau is eat excellent sea food, so I will probably have a few dinners and then turn in.

Borneo has been good - two thumbs up. I could have planned the trip a little better and it would have helped had there not been 5 days of shitty weather, but in the end I did what I really wanted to do: hike in Mulu and dive in Sipadan. There are a few more nature-y things I would have liked to have done, like look for orangutans and pygmy elephants in the wild and climb Mt. Kinabalu, but those will have to wait until Borneo II if I ever get around to it.

I am off to the concrete jungles of Singapore and Hong Kong for the week that remains of my vacation.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe it's over already. But I bet you'll have sime funny effed up stories from the big D.

blogazon said...

It ain't over yet. I've still got 8 days.