Sunday, October 01, 2006

Appliance Joy

Out with the old...


...and in with the new

The arrival of my new range was the highlight of my weekend. I know that is extremely sad, but it is true. If I were artsy, I would find a way to convert the 1960's electric range with 3 burners and a broken stove into some kind of yard sculpture incorporating a fountain and flowers. But I'm not, so in two weeks it will go out to the curb for bulk trash pick up.

The new one is a big improvement. All four burners and the stove work. And it is gas. And as you can see it has a big window so I can watch the cookies and breads I'll be baking rise. I hope I'm done appliance shopping for a while. Except that I also want/need one of these.

Last night I was social and had dinner Teenymeany. This morning I watered my lawn and cleaned and then went to the Farmer's Market for some plants and produce. I always like playing the bargain/regular price/rip-off game while shopping at farmer's markets. Big bag of green beans for $2? Bargain. 5 plums for $2? Bargain. 5 tangerines for $3? Regular price. 5 pluots for $5 or 10 for $9? Rip-off.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice one. Gas ranges are so much better than electric.

I don't really care how many square feet my home in the future has, but I simply must have a bad-ass Viking-type range and lots of counter space in the kitchen.

The Once and Future TC said...

Shiny!