Friday, October 06, 2006

On politics

I'm listening to the candidates for Texas Governor debate on KERA. Now, I am biased, but despite being boring, Chris Bell is kicking butt with coherent responses and carefully crafted answers that fall within the time limits. He has my vote, but I tend to vote for the losers. Rick Perry isn't doing bad, but I really don't think he has a record of which he can be proud. Too bad that he will win, and how sad is it that the next Governor of Texas will be lucky to win with 40% of the electorate? Carole Many Names and Kinky are bigger morons than I thought. Total idiots. If only their supporters would vote for Bell...

And of course, the Foley scandal that has slimed out of DC this past week is absolutely fantastic. Yes, Mr. Foley is a total creep and yes what he did was wrong. And those poor pages, who just want to be left alone to run their errands.

But - the openly closeted gay Republican chair of the Caucus on Missing and Exploited Children, caught in kinky, sexually explicit internet exchanges with underage male pages? And the Republican House leadership covered up for him, and deny knowing anything about it and blame each other? It could only get better if a stained pair of boxers surfaced.

The blame game is pathetic. Foley says I'm gay (we homos can't stay away from kids), and I'm an alcoholic (gay people drink a lot), and I was molested (therefore I was recruited to be gay). The Republican leadership and Fox News bobbleheads say that Clinton did it, or maybe it was the Democrats, no the liberal media did it, no George Soros did it.

Why can't the party of personal responsibility and morality accept the consequences of their actions? Maybe because they would be accused of gay bashing. I'm sorry, but this claim makes me choke back vomit given that the Republican party is the one that repeatedly rallies religious conservatives with anti-gay legislation like the Federal Marriage Amendment and similar unnecessary state-level measures.

At least some of the liberal media has been standing up for us homos.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're only homo because Madre no esta alli. You can't resist that much woman packaged into a decrepit, mummified, pig-tailed, bowler hat-adorned, looney, hot PoA. I've seen her. I've SEEN her! No woman compares to that kind of raving beauty.

blogazon said...

True. And I would add that you're only straight b/c you are not in the presence of madre's eternal (literally) hotness. Don't try to deny that you became a lesbian for those three days in Carachimayo...

Anonymous said...

I tried, but she wouldn't have me. You wouldn't think, being 579 years and all, that she'd be that picky. Or have that great a visual acuity.