Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Super Tuesday redux

I don't have much to add to what has already been said by the bajillion commentators.

On the left, I'm not surprised that yesterday resolved nothing. I'm getting a little excited that my vote in a month might actually mean something. But then again, even after Ohio and Texas, there probably won't be a winner. I'm waffling as to whom I should support. My head says Clinton but damn does she have a lot of baggage, so much so that she is more likely to lose in November. My heart says Obama, but I can't help but feeling he is an empty vessel into which we pour our hopes.

On the right, Huckabee's victories, although dwarfed by McCain's, surprised me. They raised the increasingly likely specter of Vice President Huckabee. He may be folksy and charming, but deep down he is evil.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have a nice vacation. And when you return, can you give us a primer on the major presidential candidates. I was talking to a friend last week about how I tend not to vote if I don't know issues because I want to be an informed voter. But then he pointed out that I am better informed than most voters anyway, I want the lowdown from someone who used to eat hot sauce sandwiches on CH.