Monday, February 18, 2008

Tela

The last stop in my vacation is Tela, a small city on the Caribbean coast of Honduras about an hour and a half south and east of San Pedro Sula.

Tela is nice, but the beach would benefit from an organized clean-up to pick up the trash that litters the sand.

Tela, as seen from the Maya Vista hotel

My days here have been pretty lazy. I walked along the beach for two hours on Saturday; on Sunday I went to Parque Nacional Jeanette Kawas (Punta Sal); and today I went to the Lancetilla botanical gardens and sat on the beach. I´m staying at the Maya Vista, which has a good restaurant and great patio conducive to drinking and watching the sunset.

Parque Nacional Jeanette Kawas

Howler monkeys at PN Jeanette Kawas

I head back to the U.S. tomorrow. I´ll catch a mid-morning bus from Tela to San Pedro Sula and sit in the airport until my flight leaves. Overall, this has been a good vacation and I feel rejuvenated.

No comments: