Monday, May 29, 2006

Where I Am Not


Today has been and remains painful. 59 practice questions reminded me why Contracts was my worst subject in law school, and I'm about to dive into the reading for tomorrow's class on "Commercial Paper." If you are like me, your initial reaction may be "what the fuck is that." After reading the first sentence of the assignment, I am happy to fill in our mutual gap in knowledge with the extent of my own: commercial paper (e.g. checks and promissory notes) is governed by Article 3. A thrilling hour and a half awaits after this post.

But first, I will blog a bit about my awesome trip to Seattle two weeks ago. This is a picture I took near the summit of Dog "Mountain" in the Columbia Gorge on the border of Washington and Oregon. My friend and I went up and down in the space of 3.5 hours, 1.5 hours less than the time said to be necessary by the park and guide books. And my friend hiked in flip flops, being the bad-ass villageois she is. We continued our fine tradition of speed hiking yet still enjoying nature that we developed on the Inca Trail, which we completed a day early. Maybe other people are just slow.

No comments: