Thursday, July 20, 2006

No more model answers

I need a reality check. I am tired of reading perfect answers that rattle off the 6 things you are supposed to file to protect a party from an abusive spouse or the three elements required to prove slander of title. The answers seem obvious when you read them, but usually when I am outlining there are more than a few questions that elicit a response of, "I have no idea. Confrontation clause?"

I want to see the answers of real life people who passed the bar with less than perfect responses. People who wrote "???" after being asked for the procedure that must be followed to take a victim's oral deposition. Or people who say the litigants in a will contest should just share the savings account, or who write that the mortgage company is staffed with bastards because it foreclosed on the old lady's house after she couldn't pay her medical bills.

If I had a better idea of what is really required to pass, maybe I'd be able to watch "So You Think You Can Dance" without thinking about neglecting consumer rights or commercial paper or other subjects I avoided in law school. Because really, 7 hours of studying a day is already too much.

I resolve to take most of Sunday and Monday off. I'm learning nothing new at this point.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seriously.

I had a CA model answer that said that I needed to describe the four different approachs regarding the insanity defense to do well on the essay. I know M'Naughten. But why the fuck would California, which surely has adopted one (not all four) of these approachs, require me to memorize that kind of crap?

Anonymous said...

i feel your pain. its gotten to the point where after completely missing each essay, one after the other, i'm just hoping that repetition will save me. it sucks when you read the answers and its a concept that you diligently read 3-4 times over but can't retain.

teeny